As a company Independence Mobility commit to:
- collecting data lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Independence Mobility has a legitimate interest to process personal data relating to healthcare professionals and their clients
- be open and honest on how we intend to use the data
- give appropriate privacy notices when collecting personal data
- use data in a lawful way
We collect information in a number of different ways…
- When you call or enquire online about our products and services
- When you call or email us to make an appointment
- When we carry out a client assessment
- When we take details for an order
- When healthcare professionals attend our lunch and learn and training sessions
The information we collect on clients includes name, address, date of birth, height, weight and disability. When carrying out a client assessment, we also gather additional information such as dimensions, and we make note of any history with pressure sores or challenging behaviour. We also hold information on the person responsible/main carer for a client in case we need to contact them.
Following an order, we keep a record of the equipment that has been ordered, plus any repairs or adjustments that have been carried out. This information enables us to improve customer service (your information helps us to effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs).
The information we collect on healthcare professionals and therapists includes name, job title, company name, email address and telephone number.
Independence Mobility uses the information collected from you to…
- To respond to enquiries
- To process orders
- To fulfil any contractual obligations
Independence Mobility also has a legitimate interest to provide with information about our products and services, as well as offering support and advice on mobility products and specialist healthcare equipment.
You may withdraw consent at any time by clicking the unsubscribe button included on email updates or by emailing email@example.com or by calling 0113 2628000.
The information we collect, whether public or private, will never be sold to a third party. We may on occasion pass your information onto third parties for the express purpose of fulfilling our contractual obligations, and for delivering the purchased product or services to you. We will only use trusted third parties to assist us in conducting our business and who have privacy and confidentiality policies in place.
We may also release your information if required to do so by law or by an authorised governmental body.
You may request a copy of the personal information we have about you by contacting us using the contact details below. If at any time you wish to withdraw your consent to Independence Mobility for using your data, please contact us as advised in ‘Consent’ above.
Data Storage and Security:
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information.
- Authorised staff are given a password to access the admin section of our database
- We ensure we dispose of computer equipment in the correct manner
- Staff have been made aware that it is a criminal offence if they try to access or disclose information without authority
- Our premises are protected with alarms.
We also have strategies in place for dealing with a breach, loss or equipment failure, this is made up of;
- A recovery plan for loss of records from our back up files stored at the Directors home address
- Assessment of risks associated with the breach
- Informing the appropriate people of the breach
- Review and respond and update security
Our Contact Details:
If you have any questions regarding privacy, you may contact us using the information below.
6 Buslingthorpe Green